PDA

View Full Version : wheels

BIGMIKIE
29-05-02, 11:34 AM
i fancy putting on 17" tsw evo r alloys.do they come in a decent offset for a nova or what about wolfrace voodoo,s

?Marty?
30-05-02, 12:42 AM
No. TSW will come in a 38 mm offset (the highest they make). A Nova needs a 49 mm offset. You'd be best off with wheels from Wolfrace as they will come in a 45mm offset and shouldn't require too much work to get them to fit. Though now (due to the high number of japanese imports, which require higher offsets too)there are more manufacturers making wheels in 45mm and even 48 and 49 mm offsets. It depends on which model you r intending on fitting them to as well, as the sports models (SR GTE GSi) have slightly wider arches at the back, thus requiring far less work for the wheels to fit. I've fitted 17's on mine and all that was required was the rear arch lips cutting and the front wings rolling.

Breeny
30-05-02, 03:09 PM
If ya going 17's best to stick to et45 or the wheels will rub on the rear shocks. Wolfrace wheels don't come in this offset at all, there et42.

personally i'd never stick big wheels on a nova if u intend to "play" on the road :) Got 17's on mine and it handles like a bag of poo and i'm fed up of the rubbing!

?Marty?
30-05-02, 03:26 PM
Wolfrace do make wheels in a 45mm offset, though maybe not the voodoo as it's pretty old now, as i have spoken to them directly about a sponsorship deal (me getting free wheels in exchange for free publicity). Have a look on www.pvdnet.co.uk, they'll be able to sort you out.

The acceleration hasn't seemed to have been affected on mine (though my wheels are light-weight 48mm offset jap-stuff), though they still catch on the front when i'm 'caning' my car round corners or hit big pot-holes and etc. Though it's lowered -60mm too.

Breeny
30-05-02, 03:37 PM
"what about wolfrace voodoo,s"

Only 1 of the range comes in et45. Your not the only one who has spoken to them directly :p

Try doing a 1/4 mile in your car with 15's and then with 17's then tell me it doesnt slow the car down :p

I'm not being arsey honest mate, i know it sounds it. :)