PDA

View Full Version : compressor

Matt Finary
28-05-02, 04:56 PM
I wnat to buy a compressor for spraying with but I want to know what would be the best to buy?

thanks

IF IT'S STANDARD, CHANGE IT!

ade
28-05-02, 08:16 PM
depends on how much you've got to spend - you can get loads - (B&Q good place - the warehouses) - divilbiss (spelling?) make a good one but its the compressor you need to look at - need something with a bit of kick to it. I think 5hp or more is about ok for home use - most paint shops use between 5 and 10 hp (different paint types though). I got one for ?100 including compressor, spray gun, tyre inflator, dust blaster and flexi hose (5hp made by performance power - oil free compressor runs of mains) - 3 yr guarantee, you get the full kit including 1 ltr paint can spray gun(screw locking sealed type) with snap on connectors - its a cracker for the price and sprays very well! (B&Q)
Ade :D

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

Dicko
28-05-02, 08:56 PM
OMG - u didnt go and get a prformance power product.

DONT LOOSE YOUR RECEIPT

hahaha

Doddy
29-05-02, 11:34 AM
Try machine mart they are well cheap, you need to get a compressor with a large tank volume, the bigger the better, and a high cfm, some wear around 10 would be nice. Also buy a good spray gun, money spent on this is, money well spent.

before now i`ve used small volume compressor and its hard work as the pressure does not stay constant. So you realy need large volume, or link it to a number of gas cylinders, so storing a volume of air before spraying

ade
29-05-02, 01:36 PM
mines been fine so far - good coverage and decent fan off gun. :)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

Matt Finary
29-05-02, 07:45 PM
I have found a compressor - 7.5-9cfm piston displacements, max-118psi, 2HP 50 litre.
what do you think?

IF IT'S STANDARD, CHANGE IT!

CP
29-05-02, 09:58 PM
I think you are putting the cart b4 the horse. What you need to do is ask at a spray shop/commercial paint wholesaler what you need. The compressor might be cheap enough but getting set up to do a good job will be expensive. You'll need a lot of stuff and its expensive are the materials. If you are going to use 2 pack watchout cos it is extremely poisonous.