matthew172
21-09-07, 05:40 PM
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/240506.htm

Mazz
21-09-07, 05:42 PM
Very nice car, bit pricey though imo...should have left it as a 8v

Spudly
21-09-07, 05:51 PM
Wow thats sexy, i think i need to go see my bank manager lol!

Ash
21-09-07, 05:59 PM
way better as an 8v, without doubt!

Nick
21-09-07, 06:03 PM
Yerp, let'ing it totally ruined it

smcgsi16v
21-09-07, 06:13 PM
Yes, very nice and it still looks like a GTE.

matthew172
21-09-07, 06:31 PM
what exactly are you getting for 4850?? weres the big money parts on it??

Ash
21-09-07, 06:42 PM
it's by no means worth that, but it probably has the cleanest parts. lol

scott.parker
21-09-07, 06:55 PM
Dose Craig "Bruce" know what some one did to his car after he sold it??

Ok i have an XE but **** that car was so so nice as a 1.6 8v :(

Scott

Christ
21-09-07, 06:59 PM
was that the totally imaculate gte that was in total vaux many months ago?

scott.parker
21-09-07, 07:03 PM
yes...:(

shy witness
21-09-07, 07:28 PM
nice car trhat i have to say:thumb:

dan16v
21-09-07, 08:15 PM
made myne look cheap@ 5k!

S1 RST
22-09-07, 02:32 PM
Bites tongue at some of the comments on here

I'd like some1 to go find a genuine Mint Black GTE with 56,000 miles on the clock, that would be even in clean enough condition to drop a let into:roll:

As for me ripping the 8v out it was un-driveable below 3k rpm and trying to drive everywhere flat out doesn't quite work.

I'm not like some members on here i use my cars so it had to pratical and after owning alsorts of other powered nova's i wanted a good base for a c20let conversion and thats exactly what i got:thumb:

Yes Bruce does know what i've done i told him the day i bought it i would probably end up fitting a c20let.

My car now so my choice to do with it what i wish & the 1 very reason i've not advertised it on here causes of the attitude of a large % of the members.

I've had hugh interest in it and all being well will be sold shortly and replaced with a Corsa VXR:thumb:

dan16v
22-09-07, 06:42 PM
fair play then! kinda funny that people think its 'ruined' with the let in! at the end of the day its a vauxhall nova!

Lee
22-09-07, 06:52 PM
Fair play on your comments there, agreed that its your car and you should be able to do what you want to it.

Also fair play if you find someone completely and utterly bonkers enough to pay that for it. That, i would imagine, is the real reason you didnt advertise it on here ;)

A replica could be built for that, even starting with a ropy shell IMO. But then if someone wants to pay it, theres nothing wrong with that at all!

d171jvf
23-09-07, 02:20 PM
good luck with the sale. personally, im not keen. but then it was built to your taste not mine :)

S1 RST
23-09-07, 04:02 PM
Fair play on your comments there, agreed that its your car and you should be able to do what you want to it.

Also fair play if you find someone completely and utterly bonkers enough to pay that for it. That, i would imagine, is the real reason you didnt advertise it on here ;)

A replica could be built for that, even starting with a ropy shell IMO. But then if someone wants to pay it, theres nothing wrong with that at all!

are you for real i'd like to see some1 build a replica for less, and i mean exact replica, you lot seem to forget that you can't find good condition shells for cheap now let alone a GTE & 1 thats been Group A prepared. Then lets add all the bits ontop of that, fuk me peeps are asking ?300 for F28 gearboxs these days and getting it:eek:

The reason its not advertised on here is because of you ****s and your attitudes and tis of the reason the whole Nova owners scene is what it is now:roll:

If it doesn't sell it'll go back in my garage for winter and i'll wait come spring when some wants a GTE Turbo for the show season, it'll only keep going up in value as GTE's get rarer & rarer.

Gone are the days you could buy calibra turbo for ??? to use as donors cars, even thay are thin on the ground now, so prices are now creeping up, and by now they all need rebuilt anyhow.

I'll openly admit i hate the intercooler but function over looks had to be done here as the chargecooler setup wasn't up2 the job, if i decide to keep it i'll have a custom intercooler made and mount it in front of the radiator and then get my spare bumper painted so it looks stealthy again:thumb:

fair play then! kinda funny that people think its 'ruined' with the let in! at the end of the day its a vauxhall nova!

best comment made on here it is and always will be a vauxhall nova, i've had then since i was 17 (now 28) and had nearly ever variant about this was my last on the list (c20let powered) i'm gonna move onto something newer and remember the good time i've had in all my cars (including novas)

The right person will come along and pay the right money for any car so thanks for your comments, I will return the favour the day you decide to sell up:D

Dan
23-09-07, 04:55 PM
The reason its not advertised on here is because of you ****s and your attitudes and tis of the reason the whole Nova owners scene is what it is now:roll:

and bang goes my respectable comment, i'll lock this thread now and not comment further due to not being in the best mood as it is without such a broad tarring of people in general :mad: