PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous chemical alert

Jack
21-09-07, 01:09 PM
BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!

Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:

is also known as hydroxl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
may cause severe burns.
contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Contamination is reaching epidemic proportions!

Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage in the midwest, and recently California.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

as an industrial solvent and coolant.
in nuclear power plants.
in the production of styrofoam.
as a fire retardant.
in many forms of cruel animal research.
in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.

Saloony
21-09-07, 01:15 PM
:wtf:

Philsutton
21-09-07, 01:24 PM
lol turns out some ******* has been making my brews with this.

Jack
21-09-07, 01:25 PM
I'm going to email this to the BBC. They'll get it banned.

carls nova sri
21-09-07, 01:36 PM
accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.so this is why our novas are rusting even morelol

Stuart
21-09-07, 01:36 PM
Jack,

Acid rain is sooooo 90's. no one cares about that anymore, same with green house gasses. its just not trendy anymore.

Climate change and global warming are the trendy things to "combat" (lol like you can combat nature)

Jeff16v
21-09-07, 02:02 PM
More bloody spin!

Lee
21-09-07, 02:29 PM
The russians will get us before that stuff ever does!

Jack
21-09-07, 02:35 PM
This stuff causes global warming though!!!!1!!!1!!5!!!!!seventy-three!!!!!

...well the oceans do lol

I'd be more worried about the Americans than the Russians. At least the latter won't shoot you "by accident" when you're on the same side as them!

JSeymour
21-09-07, 05:56 PM
said by the man who spells mum the american way.

Ash
21-09-07, 06:37 PM
:( I was waiting for the punch line.

Anyway, We don't need these chemicals to live (im sure cavemen didn't have them), so why do we have them? Probably at the end of the day, to line the pockets of some fat lazy **** who hasn't done a days work, doesn't give a fcuk and is killing people in a round about way.

Philsutton
21-09-07, 07:03 PM
the whole thing was the punch line, take it you didnt work it out lol.

Di = two
Mono = one

Dihydrogen monooxide = Two Hydrogen, One Oxygen = H20

H20 = Water

NovaLad
21-09-07, 07:17 PM
Lol i'm slow... and special

ade
21-09-07, 09:25 PM
pmsl - Phil you geek!

bet the Americans fell for it and they'd be on the streets in the millions campaigning!

Ash
22-09-07, 01:05 PM
FPMSL! Now I look like a fool! I was trying to work it out, but got bored/forgot my chemicals so I had a rant lol

EDIT: A 14 year old american kid came up with this hoax, now I really do feel stoopid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide_hoax)

Jack
22-09-07, 05:37 PM
PMSL I knew at least one person would fall for it lol lol lol

said by the man who spells mum the american way.
Perhaps you may just pause for a moment and consider that I MEANT to spell it the American way on purpose, due to the context of the reference I'm making? No? Thought not. :roll:

mowgli
22-09-07, 06:13 PM
Water should be banned, especially in tewkesbury.

Ps. The man who invented CFC's which kill off the ozone layer, previously invented the lead compound that was used in petrol. I bet he drank tons of horlicks to help him sleep at night.

Philsutton
22-09-07, 07:03 PM
**** the ozone the whole planet is going to be annihilated anyway

d171jvf
23-09-07, 02:16 PM
amen to that