PDA

View Full Version : spacial awareness

ade
20-09-07, 09:51 PM
This made me laugh - although the wife sympathised with the woman in this vid.

Bound to be a repost (was on the same list as the colin Mcrae Nova one in general thread)

Musics pretty cool

Now I know why my bumpers are all scuffed.

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC57eTOTFnw&mode=related&search=

NovaLad
20-09-07, 09:57 PM
Nothing new then lol

carls nova sri
20-09-07, 09:58 PM
thourght she would of give up half way into it

Jack
20-09-07, 10:05 PM
lmfao, genius. She looks like she's getting in a right flap too... I have no sympathy for her tbh, surely she should have judged how large the space was before attempting to park in it? Or after failing to get in a couple of times, moved on and tried another space instead of ramming the other two cars out the way!?! I note she doesn't stop and inspect the damage to the other cars :roll:

I had a mrs like that once; if something didn't go right, she'd refuse assistance and just get in a right state. Rather than just accepting defeat and moving on, she'd spend the next hour or so in a strop!

ade
20-09-07, 10:15 PM
the problem I've discovered (and this is true of my wife and several other women I know) is that once they believe they can do it determination, sheer stubournness and a "how dare it not happen for me" attitude kick in!

the "I can do this" attitude takes over and god HELP anyone who challenges it (as can be seen in vid when she has a go at the passer by).

My missus does it when trying to tune the telly - will sit for AGES with instructions trying to do it then gives up - I always sit there mouth shut and have worked out after about 10 minutes I'll get called in - but usually its thrown at me (and then I'm in trouble even if I stay out the way!)

paddy138
21-09-07, 12:01 AM
the worst thing about that video is that it took her the best part of 5 minutes to actualy cop in it was too small, women :roll:

scott.parker
21-09-07, 12:28 AM
Words Fail Me! :roll:

Alex.
21-09-07, 11:02 AM
That was so nerve wracking! I have never yet parallel parked yet, I usually bay park. And that's why! But she nearly had it in a couple of times and then she drove out! Mad woman! I bet it was American! lol

Jack
21-09-07, 11:31 AM
IIRC the car appeared to have a numberplate on the front so probably wasn't yankee.

carls nova sri
21-09-07, 02:07 PM
IIRC the car appeared to have a numberplate on the front so probably wasn't yankee.

probably the only thing left whole on the carlol

Novadex
21-09-07, 02:16 PM
lmao ive seen that, you wonder how some people get there licnce in the first place! i would have to drag her out and do it for her if i see that!

Lee
21-09-07, 03:06 PM
I do get a tad worried about seeing things like that. Parking badly isnt really a threat to anyones safety, but she still beat the crap out of that poor white car a few times.

I was driving down a county lane in west sussex the other day, and on a straight bit I was presented with a small white car careering at me in the middle of the road. Suffice to say i had to stick the trannie half in a hedge to avoid it. It was a 56 plate Daihatsu something, and no word of a lie, EVERY panel was dented, and driving it was a little old lady who could barely see over the wheel. If i met her on a corner, im pretty sure i would have punted it into a field!

The mind boggles.

Jeff16v
21-09-07, 03:37 PM
[quote=Bottlethroddy]and driving it was a little old lady who could barely see over the wheel. If i met her on a corner, im pretty sure i would have punted it into a field!

Mum, go home before dad finds out your not in the kitchen cooking.lol

dannyb
21-09-07, 05:25 PM
was driving down a county lane in west sussex the other day, and on a straight bit I was presented with a small white car careering at me in the middle of the road.

Plenty of them down here mate, the place is full of old people who come here to retire and die. Oxygen thieves.