PDA

View Full Version : wheel alignment

HOGGE TD
29-05-02, 12:18 AM
went to Carscan the other day, got tracking/alignment checked and they said the camber was miles off (negative). (that explains why it has been handling like it's on sheet ice) The bloke there said I need to go to Vauxhall and get some Camb Bolts. My question is, what the fuck are they and is there another name for them as they have no record of a part of that name for Nova :-/

Dicko
29-05-02, 08:11 AM
well iv not actually herd of them either.

wot we usualy do is to elongate the 2 bolt holes on the suspension top struts. u could try to move the bolts out by 4-7mm each side.
with a 60mm suspension drop 7mm was about right on mine!!

neiloakley
29-05-02, 11:01 AM
Demon Tweeks do camber bolts but the are mucho expensiveo! About ?65 when i last checked. The basically replace the two bolts that hold the bottom suspension mount to the car. The are a bolt with a displaced cam so that as you rotate the bolt, it moves whatever it is attached to, left or right. So it would move the suspension bottom mount in or out to correct the camber. Only really for race use when you are likely to want to frequently adjust the camber. Much better to go for the re-drill option.
And whoever told you to get them from vauxhall! Is a muppet. Vauxhall designed the nova to NOT have any camber adjustment. The did not design the car to be lowered. The certainly do not sell camber bolts. Anyways, hope this helps!

p.s, if you move the topmounts out, you will need to angle grind some of the car away so the suspension top mount can actually move out. I can send pics of mine if you want. Be sure to treat any exposed metal for rust cos if that fails, you damper will go thru your bonnet.

Performance Car Audio - http://customize.9f.com