PDA

View Full Version : cams

lynchy
20-09-07, 10:13 AM
i have a pal with a c20xe corsa. he doesnt have access to internet so im posting on behalf of him. will 280 duration cams make his car lumpy on tick over ?? cheers :thumb:

Stuart
20-09-07, 10:24 AM
not 100% sure but IT will need the pistons machining to accept the lift at TDC of a cam with that kind of duration.

and yes Idle will suffer unless you can change the ecu mapping.

lynchy
20-09-07, 04:51 PM
where can he get the pistons done ? i think he has taken it to chipped uk for a re map but its still no better :confused: nice one for the help bud get back to me if you can :thumb:

Stuart
20-09-07, 05:46 PM
oh dear god. DO NOT go back to chipped uk.... cowboy dosent even come close!

pistons can usually be done by any decent engine builder in the yellow pages.

Will F
21-09-07, 08:55 AM
Sounds like its too late if he has already fitted them??

IF they are 280 camms and the pistons havent been machined, there will be valve damage!

lynchy
21-09-07, 12:59 PM
funny you should say that about chipped uk in bromsgrove i said exactly the same seen as i took my nova there paid 230 and didnt really do much but the bloke who did it seemed to cream in his pants lol im never goin back there anyway lol so what do you think i should suggest to my pal ?? he hasnt long got it either it has blew a valve before tho as far as he is aware and been fixed "apparently" :wtf:

Lee
21-09-07, 02:32 PM
funny you should say that about chipped uk in bromsgrove i said exactly the same seen as i took my nova there paid 230 and didnt really do much

Thats what happens when you chip a standard NA engine ffs :roll:

ooooo, 3 bhp and a 10 pounds per ACRE of torque. That'll be 300 pounds please.

lynchy
21-09-07, 04:42 PM
Thats what happens when you chip a standard NA engine ffs :roll:

ooooo, 3 bhp and a 10 pounds per ACRE of torque. That'll be 300 pounds please. its not totally standard mate :wtf:

Lee
21-09-07, 05:05 PM
Your still not going to see anything useable unless your running mahoosive cams, had a lot of flow work and a decent flowing exhaust. Even then, a chip is really only good for getting the thing running right on the new parts.

Yes, it may make the car run a bit smoother and do a bit better MPG, but lets be honest, thats not what your after for over 200 quid is it.

lynchy
22-09-07, 12:15 PM
i thought 280 was ****in massiv :eek: decent flowing exhaust system aswell so fook knows