PDA

View Full Version : still whining

gez
21-05-02, 11:53 PM
ive just recently got my car back after mounting a round-about, it was making a whining noise b4 i crashed it and its still making it ive changed my water pump 4 times as well as the cambelt but it is driving me mad, i know its not the alternator cos ive disconnected it and it still does it, any suggestions would be grateful cos i might start walking everywhere

rgv_stu
22-05-02, 09:42 PM
is it cambelt tensioner ??
dont know what lump u got mate
mine whines but i aint that fussed at the moment.
cant be fecked to look into it tbh

ade
22-05-02, 10:22 PM
define whine? like a whistle whine a swoosh swoosh wine, high pitched - does it happen at any time - acceleratring etc or just all the time. get a m8 to sit in car (if happens when stationary) - stick head in engine bay area and rey n locate where it is coming from. :)

Ade

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

dezfactor
22-05-02, 11:31 PM
smal happens to mine only when im accelerating though and its doing my head in (could it be my k&n)???

email me : deansouthern@yahoo.com

Doddy
23-05-02, 09:56 AM
Does the whin change with revs, my SR used to whin all the time took me ages to find, then i relized it was suck on the inlet manifold gasket..

benji
24-05-02, 06:52 PM
gearbox????

Marty
24-05-02, 10:27 PM
overtight cambelt will make a whining noise check tension.

mowgli
24-05-02, 11:14 PM
if it does it when stationary, the belts could be to blame or it could be your clutch or gbox bearings. if it does it when moving, a common one is wheel bearings. if you have big wheels, are they catching?

gez
28-05-02, 05:41 PM
it sounds as if the cam belt is rubbing on something but its not, it doesnt whine that loud when stationary, but it gets louder as i accelerate, sounds a bit like a rally car + it turns a lot of heads(that part doesnt bother me that much)