PDA

View Full Version : lighter wireing help

performance*nova
19-09-07, 05:51 PM
i think its time to wire up my lighter as i have had the car for nearly a year now and had no lighter working. i have four wires that are not going to any thing so i need to know witch two goes to the lighter and what one goes to the light for the ash tray. the wires are black,yellow,blue,brown with yellow line any help would be good as i no nothing about electrics :thumb:

Philsutton
19-09-07, 06:14 PM
I would imagine that you would have a earth an a ignition live to each

Lee
19-09-07, 06:18 PM
If it were me id run a new wire to it straight from the battery +ve, with a 20 amp fuse, running the earth to the bulkhead behind the dash. Or you could do the same from a spare space in the fuseboard.

The main reason for this is you can use the lighter, and/or anything else you run from the socket with the ignition off. A lot less hassle!

Clean 2.0 nova
19-09-07, 06:24 PM
Original wiring to lighter socket on mine is brn + black to socket. with grey with green stripe to bulb (ground for bulb not required as bulb touches lighter socket). Thats a 1991 spec anyway.

Philsutton
19-09-07, 06:34 PM
The main reason for this is you can use the lighter, and/or anything else you run from the socket with the ignition off. A lot less hassle!

well just bang the hazzard light switch upside down if you dont have your keys lol

Clean 2.0 nova
19-09-07, 07:01 PM
Lets assume they've done the diode mod -right?