PDA

View Full Version : Possibly for sale/swap: VW golf

Jim Mcrae
18-09-07, 11:06 AM
I have a clean mk2 golf driver in black (pics to follow) that im am considering selling swapping for the right nova. Being a 1600 Driver it comes with the GTi interior and as far as i know suspension as standard. It has covered 144,000 miles but recently has had lost of work done, and being VW could do another 100k! It has recently had a whole new exhast, a standard GTi system with a new stainless box, new head gasket, distributer and clutch kit, all done this month . Modifications include 16" wolfrace alloys, lowered 40mm, badgeless single headlight grille (pictured but cunnently not fitted as it has a GTi one on now both included), Big bumbers, the eyebrow, smoked/red rear lenses, stainless box (not loud but a nice tone) Cd player and aftermarket speakers, the ariel has been relocated to the roof. It is MOTd till April i THINK will have to double check, definetly into 2008 though, and it is taxed till end of october.

BAD POINTS

The roof lining is not perfect, as far as i understand not uncommen on the mk2, it sags and starts to peel of unless stuck down every few days and looks a bit shabby, however with some time and work it cold be repaierd and stuck up properly or even replaced, there is some minor rust on the bonnet and it the only noticable bit on the car, the drivers side has some minor key marks ut can nly be noticed up close, the drivers front shock is leaking so it sits ever so sligtly lower and occaisonaly rubs.

When looked at the mechanic remarced at how clean it is, especially underneath. There cars are appreciating in value. As said i will be most interested in a part ex or a swap for a Nova. But offeres will be listened to. Many thanks.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/bhpnos/DSC00355.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/bhpnos/DSC00356.jpg

Please not it now differs from the pics slightly as it has a standard red stripe grille fitted, however this will be included and it now has a new backbox, a stainless twin DTM style.

spunkymonkey
18-09-07, 04:53 PM
What sort of cash price are you after?

Jim Mcrae
18-09-07, 11:54 PM
Ill say ?1000 but as said all offers will be listened to whatever they are so make me an offer you may be suprised!

spunkymonkey
19-09-07, 01:35 AM
I could have been tempted to make an offer if you were not so far away.

Jim Mcrae
19-09-07, 12:49 PM
Meet half way... at brirstol or brum......

chris-gsi
19-09-07, 01:55 PM
pm sent.

big gra
21-09-07, 01:35 PM
that is so nice, doubt i could afford the insurance on that at 17!

spunkymonkey
21-09-07, 02:53 PM

I think it's gone anyway ;)

James P
21-09-07, 08:09 PM
i saw this the other day whilst i was at work. you parked next to me down oak tree gardens, i was in the big (aston insulation) van..
it looked really tidy, the new exhaust is loads better.

Jim Mcrae
22-09-07, 12:15 AM
i saw this the other day whilst i was at work. you parked next to me down oak tree gardens, i was in the big (aston insulation) van..
it looked really tidy, the new exhaust is loads better.

yeah i remember:thumb: just visting my mate, cheers dude

p.s. How do you know it was me lol small world i guess

hughesthelegend
22-09-07, 08:14 AM
alright mate i was with james p too, we both work for astons and we were up there last week working on the old peoples flats, you parked right behind us, vw looked clean, wheels and paint work look nice too. good luck with the sale mate. small world eh!? lol.

Jim Mcrae
23-09-07, 04:38 PM

Im 18 and paying ?880 (ish) :thumb: