PDA

View Full Version : loud thump

Dannova12
26-05-02, 04:19 PM
im having a problem continually now. Every time i hit a minor pot hole on my front left side there is a loud bang and judder through the car, it doesnt happen on the right side though. The shocks seem to be okay and they aont that old. Its lowered 40mm on jamex shoxs and springs. It sort of seems like that spring is too soft!!

ade
26-05-02, 04:25 PM
bewfore it happened can u recall hitting anything hard? may have damaged spring - take it out and check it. If under warranty send it.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

lockys_nova
26-05-02, 05:44 PM
Sounds daft, but check ur handbrake cable isnt touchin the zorst, clunks on every bump! i changed the shocks and all sorts with this 1!!!

If it has tits or wheels it'l giv u probs!:)

mowgli
27-05-02, 12:42 AM
my A reg nova always did that, but I was running really stiff springs, I think your springs are too stiff for the road. just avoid the potholes

nova_nick
27-05-02, 11:37 AM
My first Nova did that, Mk1 1.2 Merit! Few weeks/months after it started the drive shaft decided it wanted a new home away from the car :p

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.