PDA

View Full Version : GTE suspension????

shady_brady
21-05-02, 09:28 PM
Would a GTE suspension setup go on a normal 1.2 Cheers????

Dannova12
21-05-02, 11:02 PM
yep, it would lower your 1.2 about 40mm, cos the GTE's ride lower as standard

Rich Dale
22-05-02, 05:20 PM
A little lower, but no where near 40mm!!!

In fact, if your 1.2 is old, the springs might have sunk with age and it may already be 20mm lower than standard spec!

Forget what people say about standard road height as every Nova is different.

My old 83 A-reg for example sat about 20mm higher at the front after I fitted new standard springs....one snapped :O and I had to fit new standard ones for insurance reasons :(

Anyway, even if it doesn't make it any lower (which it probably won't....not noticeably anyway), at the least it will handle better as the springs are a lot stiffer and the shocks are gas, so worth doing depending on what you're paying for the parts of course.

P.S......are you having the GTE anti-roll bars too?

shady_brady
22-05-02, 09:00 PM
I have a GTE and am changing the suspension on it to well i'm not sure what to get G-max, Apex, Koni adjust or Avo what would u guys say are the best anyway so the suspension is already mine just needed to know if it would fit. And as for the anti-roll bars i got a set off a 1.3 sr 18mm cause i had to get the new bushes for them cost ?15 from the scrappy dont including the new bushes they were ?10 so not bad. cheers glad they'll fit my B reg 1.2 and if u have any comments about which are the best suspension cheers again.

Rich Dale
26-05-02, 05:24 PM
Yep Micky...like I said ;)