PDA

View Full Version : FRONT SUSPENSION

Marty
25-05-02, 07:09 PM
My front wheels wobble a lot when kicked from the side at the front of the tyre.Doesnt seem normal to me.I have renewed both bottom arms & bushes,both struts,both balljoints,cant find any play in steering rack or trackrod ends.Could it be tie bar bushes? any help gratefully recieved CHEERS

ade
25-05-02, 08:19 PM
how much wobble is wobble? could just be play in the tyre wall. Do you notice any difficulties in driving/cornering. Mine wobble when kicked - sr 3 spoke 14" 165/65/14's. Jack front of car up, support and then rock wheel back and forth - if wobbles freely then some kind of suspension/bearing issue. But youve change most stuff. I'd go with tyre wall wobble...
Ade

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

ade
25-05-02, 08:20 PM
I'm gonna go into the car park at me work now n kick a few tyres to see what happend - see if our fat ass security do anything!!! :D

Stuart
25-05-02, 08:55 PM
wheel bearings per chance

BEng (hons) just isnt enough, i need a Msc too!

Marty
25-05-02, 08:57 PM
can see front hubs/wheels move in and out by approx 10mm.wheel bearings checked .this is doing me ead in!

ade
25-05-02, 10:45 PM
daft but are wheel nuts on tight enough :-/???
sounds obvious but u never know - the simplest things...

ben jones
26-05-02, 12:58 PM
Jack it up, and give it a good wobble from all angles in and out etc etc. Get someone to keep an eye on the suspension components, its the only way - we're all guessing otherwise.

Here's another, suspension top mounts perhaps? Fucked suspension strut? Cracked chassis? Only the latter if you're running 16v turbo power, lol.

ade
26-05-02, 01:45 PM
if theyre wobbling 10mm in and out hope to god u aint driving it! must be like driving a clown car. Might be worth taking it into a garage to be on safe side - if they pass it as ok and then u crash u can sue em ;)