PDA

View Full Version : mk2 Headlamps - load levelling adjust

craig green
15-09-07, 01:02 PM
Not sure this is entirely mechanical but, I just wanted peoples opinions & a discussion on the headlamps on a mk2 with load level adjust.

My GSi has always had the function, but as I'm about to get a pair of new headlamps I'm debating on just getting manual adjust ones, they are cheaper & less to go wrong, plus the adjuster motors can be a pain to clip in at times.

the manual adjust ones would present fewer issues come MOT time if anything goes haywire.

Opinions?

Welsh Dan
15-09-07, 01:21 PM
The electric ones are so that if you put a big load in the back, you can angle the lights back down, they have to be manually set at MOT time anyway so I'd personally go for manual ones.

Adam
15-09-07, 01:36 PM
Hmm, my headlamps have manual adjusters, and electronic load level adjusters.

Manual will be fine, you hardly ever have to use the electronic adjusters anyway.

Mazz
15-09-07, 01:52 PM
imo they are like electric wing mirror's, once they have been set up, you'll never touch them again..

staggy_gsi
15-09-07, 04:47 PM
id probably get manual ones as im a tight tw@t but i think the electric ones would be better as that is what was fitted to the car from new

craig green
17-09-07, 09:47 AM
Excellent. As I thought. Electric type are more hassle & not worth the extra money/aggro.

I'll order some poverty spec (light weight) manual adjust ones me thinks.