PDA

View Full Version : Help me brakes are poop !!

Anonymous
23-10-00, 01:50 PM
Ive got a 1.4sr lowered 60 mm, with TSW alpines (15's). I recently upgraded my sr brakes to Nova GSI brakes, discs and callipers, my car was stopping fine untill I put my bigger wheels on, now its not stoppin for shit. any ideas why or how I can sort it please ??

Anonymous
23-10-00, 02:02 PM
YOU NEED TO INVEST IN A SET OF ASTRA GTE DISCS AND CALIPERS. THEY WILL COST AROUND ?100 AND WILL MAKE A MASSIVE DIFFERENCE WHEN FITTED.

Anonymous
23-10-00, 03:44 PM
He's right about the ASTRA or CAV 2.0 16v ATE brakes, you could get them cheaper from a scrap yard and clean them up yourself cheaply. It may be that the sliders have siezed on your existing calipers causing them to brake on just one pad? You could have glazed your pads through overheating? Or maybe with the extra diameter of the wheel means there is more leverage pulling the wheel round? In which case bigger brakes are the only option.

Anonymous
24-10-00, 01:39 PM
I have 2.0 brakes and calipers and a rear disc conversion and I dont seem to have any trouble stopping! Why not try that? The whole lot cost me less than £100 secondhand if youre not in a hurry to get them youll find them cheap enuff x

Anonymous
24-10-00, 06:31 PM
u say it was mint till u changed the wheels? have u got ronny remoulds for tyres or summit?

Anonymous
25-10-00, 09:55 AM
I put the CAV 2.0 16V Calipers on my baby, and they are the dogs bol*cks for stopping (it stop's dead) it cost me ?25 for Calipers from a scrappers and ?36 for the disc's from my mates shop!. Good Luck.