PDA

View Full Version : digi dash mileage

Dave.
14-09-07, 11:50 PM
is there any way i can get my digital dash mileage back to what the cars is? as mines done 45k but the dash is showing 95k and it all needs to corrospond for the mot.. ive got the number of a lad who will do it but not sure if hell do digi dashes

help! :thumb:

R1CH
15-09-07, 12:00 AM
This will probly get removed as your kinda asking how to 'clock' a car !!
A digi dash is no different to any 'normal' clocks as far as changing the mileage go's, just stick them in as they are, will make no odds at MOT time.

NovaLad
15-09-07, 12:03 AM
Show them the recietes of however you spell it. lol

R1CH
15-09-07, 12:06 AM
Show them the recietes
Why ??

All it'll look like to the MOT'r is that its done 50k since its last MOT, can't see them being ****d at all tbh.

Welsh Dan
15-09-07, 08:30 AM
The only entity that the mileage will matter to is insurance, but surely you're declaring the change of dials anyway. At last MOT my car said about 86k, but on the one before that it said around 125k, go figure lol.

Stuart
15-09-07, 09:08 AM
its not hard to work out how to do it... if you cant work it out then your incapable of doing it.

Ernie
15-09-07, 09:12 AM
if your that worryed fit them after its mot. then it give's you a hole year to get them sorted out.You just have to speak to the right people about getting the clock set back.
Imho it's only clocking if you take it back past what the car should be on.If you take it back to the right millage then would be classed as a new set of clocks.
Thats just how i would see it and did it to the set of diggy clock's i fitted to 1 of my cars in the past.

Dave.
15-09-07, 10:32 AM
problem is is theyre allready fitted lol

also because of dvla saying that all the numbers mileage etc must match up.. they need to be the same as otherwise itll look like the cars done 50k miles whilst it wasnt taxed or legal to go on the road so then ill get questioned etc.. so id rather it be the correct mileage.

Stuart
15-09-07, 11:04 AM
you cant change it unless you remove them... fool.

Dave.
15-09-07, 11:19 AM
yeah i can remove them but i cant wire the original clocks up becsue the looms in etc

is it possible to change the mileage on digi clocks?

Welsh Dan
15-09-07, 11:34 AM
The digi dashes have a mechanical odometer I think, so its the same to change as any other?

Nick
15-09-07, 11:44 AM
you don't need to change them. Mine went from 70k to 105k overnight.

It's never made any difference to anything. The only thing it'd make a difference to is when you go to sell the car...

A - People are smart enough to beable to approximate the mileage of a car based on it's condition
B - Anyone with half an ounce of knowledge will know the Digi's are retrofit and unlikely to be correct.

Dave.
15-09-07, 12:02 PM
yes but mines different.. it has to be checked by dvla and needs to have the correct mileage. it must have for its vic cheks otherwise i wont be able to get a logbook.

goldengraham
15-09-07, 12:09 PM
if thats the case then personally i would just stick the old ones back in until its got the logbook and mot, then swap them over again.

Adam
15-09-07, 12:14 PM
Remove the dash, and change it.
Digidash is one of the easiest mileometers to change.

R1CH
15-09-07, 12:33 PM
yes but mines different.. it has to be checked by dvla and needs to have the correct mileage. it must have for its vic cheks otherwise i wont be able to get a logbook.

Whys yours different ?
When i bought mine it was showing 66K, was declared off the road for 3 years then came back on the road with different clocks fitted showing 86K, didn't have any probs with MOT or anything.

Adam
15-09-07, 12:37 PM
His car has been marked as scrap iirc.

So has to have special checks before it can be on the road again.

Spudly
15-09-07, 01:39 PM
Aye thats true, once a car has been declared as a write off or scrapped, it needs to have a VIC test which is just like an extremely thorough MOT test and everything has to be bang on and working, i was going to have to do this with mine as its been declared a write off twice now (stolen recovered - lock damage thankfully) but i was lucky as it didnt need one from having it done first time round yey, but tbh though you might find because its lowered you might have probs too so id put it to standard ride hieght and put the original steelies back on just in case!