PDA

View Full Version : Lowering issues.......

pickle2000
20-05-02, 12:31 PM
I have currently got a MK1 1.2 merit with standard suspension, and Dare RLS alloys ET42 and 195/45 tyres.
I have got a set of Koni ride adjustable shocks and GMAX -60mm lowering springs that I am going to get fitted soon. I have got my rear arches rolled so the wheels should fit at the back, but was wondering if there is going to be any issues with the front arches......? Has anyone had any problems with the front arches with similar wheels/tyres? Can you get the front arches rolled if there are any problems? Do the wheels need to be able to go inside the front arch?

Just need to check as I am not totally sure if they will be alright or not...... so any comments will be most appreciated.

Cheers
Pickle

sketch1.2i
21-05-02, 09:14 AM
I had to have my fronts rolled... ripspeed did an amazing job.

One more thing... if you have the vauxhall mud flaps on then you need to make sure they are on the metal frame coz they'll catch when reversing on nearly full lock//

pickle2000
21-05-02, 03:31 PM
Did you need to get your fronts rolled...? ...Due to the wheel not going up into the front arch?

pickle2000
23-05-02, 12:20 PM
Stretch them out.......? Sounds a bit dodgy...... don't really want to damage my front arches by over stretching them..... Have you done this before? Is there any chance of the paintwork cracking?

kpharrop
23-05-02, 12:27 PM
i streched mine out with no worrys at all going to have to do it again though- does work though and does no damage to paintwork

"Kwicksave at night, cruisers delight"

pickle2000
23-05-02, 01:03 PM
Where is the best location to apply the force? On the lip? Just above the lip? On the center of the panel? And you just use a jack, and a few pieces of wood to stop any damage?

kpharrop
23-05-02, 04:46 PM
you thinkin of doing the front or back- i only did the back because the front is a bit weak- use a bottle jack and place a piece of wood behind the arch you are pushing out and push out until it gives slightly(or you here a small pop like sound)- SORTED!

"Kwicksave at night, cruisers delight"