PDA

View Full Version : Engines.. Prehaps a conversion?

puss puss
13-09-07, 07:26 PM
Well ive gone and seized my old 1 litre life mk2 on carb :(

so the plan is either to upgrade it a bit to a 1.2 or 1 .3 sr

my questions are how hard is it to put a 1.3 engine into my car as far as i am aware they run on carbs so shouldnt be a problem?

Is there a 1.2 carb edition or is it just injection.

I really dont want to go to injection if i can help it

Or if i cant find anything ill just pop another 1 litre back in there :thumb:

cheers all

-Nat

Philsutton
13-09-07, 07:28 PM
well you will need everything off a 1.2/1.3 i.e tank ect... Wiring really should scare you its not as bad as it looks.

Adam
13-09-07, 07:29 PM
Need a different fuel tank, and a 2nd fuel line under the floor.

Drivers engine mount, exhaust system from the new engine/car.

Jack
13-09-07, 08:13 PM
1.2's did come with a carb, look for Mk1s or early Mk2s. Some K reg cars had carbs but they're more likely to be injection.

Easiest option would be look for another 1.0. You could probably pick one up for free, if not pennies and avoid any insurance difficulties.

puss puss
14-09-07, 07:28 AM
oki doki if i can ill try my best to look for a 1.0 litre and probly rebuild it while it is out all new gaskets etc :)

cheers fellows

-Nat

BEN187NOVA
14-09-07, 08:50 AM
i got a 1600 if you want it low miles

puss puss
14-09-07, 02:10 PM
No thanks, mate insurance would laugh at me if i told them i wantted to insure that idealy i want a 1000 :)

puss puss
15-09-07, 08:35 PM
might of got hold of a 1.2 carb out of a nova how hard is this to put in my shell ( a 1 litre nova) thanks

-Nat

Philsutton
15-09-07, 08:52 PM
might of got hold of a 1.2 carb out of a nova how hard is this to put in my shell ( a 1 litre nova) thanks

-Nat

Need a different fuel tank, and a 2nd fuel line under the floor.

Drivers engine mount, exhaust system from the new engine/car.

Anything but a 1lt will require other bits to fit

paddy138
15-09-07, 09:09 PM
you will need the radiator and pipes. wiring is easy. u will need the exhaust from the manifold to the centre pipe the rest is the same. you dont really need a 1.2 tank, when i changed mine i just sort of run a loop from the return from the carb to the main feed before the petrol pump. its still workin for me

Shaun_O'Donnell
15-09-07, 09:19 PM
The easiest way, if you are going for a bigger engine, would be to buy a complete car and transfer the engine, gearbox, fuel lines, fuel tank, radiator, wiring loom etc etc over, otherwise you'll have to source bits and pieces from here and there. You should be able to pick up a 1.2 Nova fairly cheap and as long as the engine is good, you shouldn't have to worry about the condition.