PDA

View Full Version : Fan not cutting in

spec
21-05-02, 05:53 PM
I'v got a 1.2i sx and when it is left running the fan doesnt cut in ! on my digi dash the temp blocks go past half way and is nearly in the red and it stil doesnt cut in, will it be a sensor or something HELP !!!

Doddy
21-05-02, 10:39 PM
Have you checked the Fuse??
If it is ok, i think the fan sensor/switch is the big one on the left handside of the radiator, check the connections on it and also check fan connections. Try running power straight to the fan from the battery just to see if the fan actual works. Check all the wiring, if all is good change sensor/switch.

happy hunting :)

spec
22-05-02, 07:25 AM
cheers will do !!

Damian Coull
22-05-02, 04:59 PM
take the plug off the fan switch on the side of the radiator(near Cam belt) and bridge it, see if the fan cuts in then, if so your radiator thermostat / fan switch is fucked. There ?3. The exact same thing was happening on mine and thats what was wrong with it. Get it sorted though because an overheating engine causes other problems, like it did for me with a burnt head geasket. ?????'s

just take the plug off (without engine on) and connect the two wires together or if its a plug then use a bit of wire to make the two terminals touch together. this will switch the fan on. if it doesn't, your fan is fucked.