PDA

View Full Version : Differences in Suspension

lucusade
20-05-02, 09:59 AM
Hi ya,

Ive got some trouble with my suspension at the front. it seems that the guy before me cut the springs down all wrong and hasn't attached them.

The result is a ride that is really hard, and uncomfortable.

What i wanna do is put a whole new suspension system in. It has been reccommended to me that i buy adjustables, but i can't afford that !!

Any suggestions ??

Also, i've got avo adjustables on the rear, but they seem to have ceased up. is there anything i can do to rescue them ??

Cheers for all your help !

blondie
20-05-02, 10:53 AM
G-MAX are the cheapest I think. try www.larkspeed.com

sepatown my daimeys!!

ade
20-05-02, 12:50 PM
g-max full set - I got 60mm all round springs and dampers for ?206 inc delivery. Well smart and good ride - look the business.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

Doddy
20-05-02, 02:33 PM
what ever you do don`t get Jamex suspension, the ride is well hard and un comfortable...

I have just switched to koni shocks, well nice ride now...

lucusade
20-05-02, 03:11 PM
G-max seems like a popular choice. Do they improve the ride a lot and are they easy to fit ??

I can't have a drink without spilling half of it up me nose and down me face !!!!

ade
20-05-02, 10:48 PM
piss easy once u know wot your up against. If the prev owner changed/hacked up springs, must have taken em off 1st which means the main suspension nut should come free with a little grunt. See the articles section for full details and refer to haynes manual. make sure u cut bump stops down by 20mm if prev owner not done so (g-max kit gives u fitting instructions anyway). Need a 19mm crank necked spanner (had to borrow one off me mates dad coz couldnt find one anywhere). Anyone got one for sale/get me one?

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

lucusade
22-05-02, 04:43 PM
Cheers mate.

One last question. Do i need to get new bushes when re-doing all my suspension ??

If so, what do you recomend ?? I have only seen Powerflex, are there others ??