PDA

View Full Version : Audi 80 question

dannyb
11-09-07, 06:59 PM
I have sold the Nova and bought an Audi 80 which has been so far so good. However, I have a problem with the light and I wondered if anyone here can help? I know this isn't 'Audiload' but people here are generally knowledgeable and I trust your judgement when it comes to cars in general!
When I select reverse, the two reverse lights come on, but the fog light also comes on.
When I have my lights on, and the fog lamp is switched on, the reverse lights come on, so it looks like I am driving along and I've selected reverse!
What could the problem here be?

Adam
11-09-07, 07:01 PM
SOunds like an earth problem.
Check earths around the rear clusters

peester
11-09-07, 09:56 PM
yeah - your looking for (usually brown, german cars..) an earth wire - then follow it to where its connected to the body of the car - if there are several check all - look to see if the wire is damaged and/or the connection to the body of the car is clean/corroded/tight/loose/ etc

dannyb
11-09-07, 10:46 PM
Cool, I'll check over it and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the advice :)

joff-turbo-nova
12-09-07, 07:13 AM
I'm running around in a 1.9 tdi Audi 80 which is my old mans (whilst I am putting an XE in the Vectra!)

The rear boot harness is notorious for breaking / earthing problems around the boot hinges. Maybe worthwhile having a look here as well.

Cheers

Joff