PDA

View Full Version : Central door locking.

Jcb
11-09-07, 06:02 PM
This is sort of difficult to describe my problem here. So bear with me please!

In the process of fitting central locking and electric windows. All going fine, until, I realised I can't attatch the rod coming from the locking solenoid to the locking mechanism. There is a little plastic clip holding the standard rods together, but this doesn't allow for the additional solenoid linkage. The only way to fit it is by taking the clip off, but then of course nothing stays together! :confused:

What a pain. Do I need a different type of clip?

Thanks.

Iain
11-09-07, 06:15 PM
I think the central locking rod attaches to the same place as the door pin - you push the door pin rod through the motor's looped end, in to the mechanism and clip it in to place as before to hold them both in.

Jcb
11-09-07, 06:21 PM
Quite right, it does, but my problem is that the clip isn't big enough to hold the new rod where they all meet.

Nova_Tek
11-09-07, 07:33 PM
you need to buy a new clip which holds the current push rod and also locks onto the rod from the door motor.

costs very little from vaux. They can show you on screen what is needed.

Jcb
11-09-07, 07:38 PM
aparently the said part is obsolete? Although I never tried it, maybe I will chance it and see. Thanks

Nova_Tek
11-09-07, 07:42 PM
I got mine a couple years ago so maybe within that time they have become an un-serviced part.

good luck