PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Probs! HELP!

walsby
16-05-02, 08:46 AM
lo all, right past few days me exhaust has been making a strange rattling sound, last night i look at the exhaust and there is fibre glass? which looks like hair hanging out the back! i put my finger up the exhaust and thier is shit loads of it, so i pul it out with pliars, seems to be more up there! and there is a big difference in the power (i mean its not goin as fast) its only a 1.2i but a big power loss mainly in 4th i noticed it on the motorway! Ne ideas wots wrong? expensive to fix? Hopr not cos im poor :(, Cheers Alan

walsby@hotmail.com

dave.gsi
16-05-02, 09:51 AM
i think you may need a new backbox mate. they put that stuff there for a reason and you pulling it out probably won't help lol

http://www.srownersclub.co.uk

walsby
16-05-02, 10:53 AM
hehe oops! well erm it shouldnt b hangin out then should it :D r these expensive?

walsby@hotmail.com

ade
16-05-02, 11:04 AM
depends on yer zorst. That stuffs what stops it sounding like a tank (I think) - kind of absorbs shite n muffles the noise a bit. If its coming out it means the seal that holds it in place is shagged. Its glogging up her pipe preventing gasses escaping so they block yer zorst backing up to yer engine - hence loss of power. Ring around for back box - ?30+ I'd say at a guess not inc fitting (depends on zorst though)

walsby
16-05-02, 11:20 AM
cheers ade, i take it zorst means exhaust or am i bein thick? if im not is just a standard exhaust!

walsby@hotmail.com

ade
16-05-02, 01:39 PM
zorst = exhaust. looking for new system meself - saw back boxes for ?24 on some websites (type in vauxhall nova exhaust into google and see what u find) - or try local exhaust place. Pretty cheap.

walsby
16-05-02, 03:28 PM
found 1 for ?23 theyu easy to fit or do i get a pro to do it?

walsby@hotmail.com

GR
16-05-02, 04:44 PM
Pay a tyre \ exhaust fitting place to stick it on there for ya, 15 notes in their back sky rocket for a five min job for them .

Any place like that will do it if you ask nicely .

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

cornish
16-05-02, 09:18 PM
If your only fitting a new backbox you need a 13mm spanner and thats it - to undo one exhaust clamp. Remove the box from the rubber hanger and slide it off of the centre pipe (once the clamp is undone and removed).

Then do the reverse to fit the new backbox. Should take all of 5 minutes :)

buster
20-05-02, 06:38 PM
jesus f'ing christ. dont pay fifteen of yr hard earned pounds and get sum massively overqualified mech to fit it. spend a couple of quid on a set of spanners or sockets (2nd hand are the best) and it'll save u loadsa cash in this and future problems.

where theres a will, theres a way.