PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox Circlip!!!

Doddy
16-05-02, 08:53 PM
Trying to get the gearbox input shaft back so as to remove clutch, must have done this job a hunderd times(slight lie, a good few times)but never on this little nova. removed gearbox end cover plate, to find that some t*$t has repleced the proper GM circlip that has ends, with a standard circlip which doesn`t have end..

There is no way in hell of using circlip pillers, as there is nothing to grab on to. Spent the last hour trying to hook it out with a couple of small screwdrivers....

Does anybody have ideas?? even stupid ideas will be considered, if not considered may make me laught anyways..

Don`t really want to split the engine and box, also would rather fix this now, as laeving problem like this always course me problems at a latter date..

Get you think caps on.....

Cheer

Stuart
16-05-02, 09:38 PM
needle nose pliers, or just try to sheer it out with a hyraulic puller

BEng (hons) just isnt enough, i need a Msc too!

Doddy
18-05-02, 05:55 PM
Drilled it then hit it with a punch, broke into two halfs. Picked the halfs out with a piece of mig wire..

Cambridge, you need a Msc too, are you made of money or something it, was going to cost me about ?4000 ish a year, to hell with that.

Stuart
18-05-02, 06:25 PM
Master of Science NOT a poxy Microsoft certification! lol

Fester
19-05-02, 01:55 PM
i want poxy microsoft certification!

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS

Stuart
19-05-02, 02:57 PM
I hereby certify Mr Fester to be a Microsoft Certified Enjineer

lots of love

Bill Gates xxx

Fester
19-05-02, 08:23 PM
thanks Bill! as an 'enjineer' can i tell 'engineers' what to do?

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS

Stuart
19-05-02, 08:25 PM
ohh yes, its a much higher accolade to be an enjineer than a engineer, because you have developed your skills for design etc rather than learning to spell and not learn proper stuff

Fester
19-05-02, 08:28 PM
i wont 2 becum an engjineere so i kan doo bowf spel an do fings like wiv compooters an over stuf like

how do i do vat bill fanks bill :)

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS

Stuart
19-05-02, 08:34 PM
you cant im affraid, your either one or the other.

Stuart
19-05-02, 08:34 PM
you cant im affraid, your either one or the other.

Rich Dale
20-05-02, 03:39 AM
I was gonna do an MSc.....can't be arsed now though.
Uni keeps sending my info on courses.....I might look into in a year or too.....be fun to go back to coursework and exams..WHAT AM I SAYING :O