PDA

View Full Version : should i / shouldn't i

carls nova sri
09-09-07, 02:55 PM
on my way to and from work i pass this nova and when i drove passed it on friday it was full of rubbish. so this morning i went to ask about what he was doing with it he said the mot's up on it and carn't be bothered with it as i got a new car. i said how much is it and he said ?80 cos i'll get that in scrap with all the junk in there. he said the back spring has gone up through the car and thats all whats wrong arart from that. it's a 1.5 d merit + on a k plate and it started first time. should i buy it or not

Jack
09-09-07, 03:08 PM
I'd say so, you could even make a profit by breaking it and selling parts on here if you didn't need it as a runabout.

carls nova sri
09-09-07, 03:17 PM
i was thinking of useing it as a runabout instead of my cav how much work is involved replacing the spring mount. then i'll have 3 novas

R1CH
09-09-07, 04:44 PM
If your handy with a welder then shouldn't be to difficult to do, might need to chop the rotten spring seat / chassis railout and either make a new one or go to the scrappy and chop a decent one out of a scrapped Nova.
If thats all it needs then ?80 aint bad really.

Rich

craig green
10-09-07, 04:02 PM
Rotten spring seat/chassis leg is a common failure on Novas.

If its really bad the boot floor might be a state, in which case I wouldnt bother, but still, good wings & dash bits etc are all worth money & I would imagine you'd get the ?80 back & more.

What are the doors like? (assume its a 3-dr hatch)

carls nova sri
12-09-07, 09:15 PM
yeah its a 3-door hatch im gona get it friday so il have more info then

NovaLad
12-09-07, 09:17 PM
Buy it.

Dan 130
12-09-07, 09:26 PM
you will get 30 40 quid for shafts alone if you broke it

carls nova sri
12-09-07, 10:17 PM
i will defo be getting it but its finding somewhere to strip it if the rust has gone to far will try to save it

carls nova sri
15-09-07, 03:46 PM
just went to collect it and he said hes keeping it now what a flanker