PDA

View Full Version : exaust rubber ?

BenNova
09-09-07, 12:17 AM
anyone know what kind of exaust rubber i need to stop my exaust falling off?
it just keeps falling of the hanging lip when i'm driving, its a mk 2 if thats any help. Dunno if mk1/mk2 have different exaust hanging thingys... :confused:

R1CH
09-09-07, 12:33 AM
The end of the hangers usually have a tab on the end pointing up, kinda like this ___/ to stop the rubber falling off, maybe been snapped off by previous owner as sometimes you've gotta bend them flat to get the rubbers off.
Which rubbers come off, middle or rear ?

Rich

BenNova
09-09-07, 10:06 AM
the rear rubber, it does still have the lip, but it isn't very big is it advised to smack the hangar with a hammer and bend it up a bit? or will that not work? The rubber i have got is a bit sh!t tho.

Asa-James
09-09-07, 11:43 AM
replace the rubber, and bend the lip up. i'd imagine problem solved

BenNova
10-09-07, 06:55 PM
any idea which rubber to use mate ? got a pic diagram or something i threw the old one away.

R1CH
10-09-07, 07:15 PM
Just go to your local motor factors, say you want a rubber exhaust hanger for the back box on a (what ever engine size) Nova. Should only cost a few ???.

Rich

Adam
10-09-07, 07:29 PM
Ive got one off a volvo on mine, for some reason the nova one made the system sit too high.

Should the backbox hanger have a vertical bit of metal then to stop the rubber sliding off? I always thought how stupid a flat horizontal bit of metal was to hold the backbox, i guess the other bit has snapped off mine. Lol

BenNova
11-09-07, 12:16 AM
thats what i did but they gave me this sh!t one thats why it keeps falling off. The one i got standard with my 1.2 kept it on without any problems... untill it snapped obviously.