PDA

View Full Version : gsi exhaust dilema

stuartyj21
07-09-07, 11:20 PM
in the process of rebuilding my gsi after alot of hard work. new body panels and welding:( .going to put the engine back in on sunday but havent decided on what make of exhaust system+manifold to fit.... any suggestions:thumb:

Adam
08-09-07, 12:15 AM
Depends how much you have spend.
The exhaust manifold will have to be mild steel(ashley/janspeed), as stainless items are very expensive/rare.

For the system, depends how much noise you want.

BenNova
08-09-07, 12:42 AM
get a straight through 2ltr nova exaust (one of the 2peice ones) then if you go 2ltr you'll be prepared, plus its full stainless if you got the cash - prolly looking around ?300ish for one tho, might get one cheaper if you ask people on here. depends how much cash you want to spend on it, thats the best route i think - but if you want a nice looking backbox or just a standard system then i dunno my gte one runs alright, exept it rattles a lot.

stuartyj21
08-09-07, 08:30 PM
thanks lads was lookin through total vauxhall 2day place in birmingham does full system for 265 its vauxhall performance parts. tubular manifold and freeflow system....

blue_peg_16v
08-09-07, 10:02 PM
sounds a bargin just make sure its a straight exit rather than the early angled one for the gte and sr

BenNova
08-09-07, 11:55 PM
:thumb:

stuartyj21
09-09-07, 09:45 PM
will do m8gonna give them a fone tomorrow thanks.. will have to get some pics up of the car when i can work out how to use my new fone:mad: