PDA

View Full Version : Side repeaters

fleming
13-05-02, 07:26 PM
Wasnt sure weather to put this in here or styling forum, wouldnt let me into styling forum so put it in here. Side repeaters, can get em uncliped and out ok, but where do the wires go to, do they unplug, if so where abouts? Or what do people do when they fit after market side repeaters, cut the wires off of the originals and solder the new ones to them? Had a look earlier, but thought i would put a post on here first, must be loads of people out there who have changed em! (Its a 1991 1.4sr, if that helps!)

Any help, much appreciated!

CP
13-05-02, 08:09 PM
They go through the wing cavity and into the cabin by the door pillar near the bonnet release lever (similar place the other side) and then join up into the loom under the dash. Thet are bundled with the wiring for the doors (locks and windows) I can't remember seeing any joins for them ( jus had my entire loom out) so I would suggest once you are sure you've got them doing your joins inside??

fleming
13-05-02, 08:31 PM
Couldnt i just cut em off at the back of the standard repeater, then solder and insulate the new repeater to it? gotta be easier!

ade
13-05-02, 10:15 PM
you could but they're a bugger to join up - the wiring is inside the wing so if u do this make sure you insulate them well and then shove the wores back in the hole. I used cable connectors n a cramping tool to do mine. In hindsight wish I'd traced the wires back to the inside of the car. At the time I was taking me wings off the repair inner arch walls (gone a little rusty)

Ade

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

fleming
14-05-02, 06:28 PM
cheers lads, have found the wires inside the car, will trace em up through the inner wing with some cotton then feed the new wires in.

cheers again

pickle2000
15-05-02, 11:49 AM
So are you saying that it is bad to join the wires at the repeater end? I am going to do this soon, and was just going to solder on the new repeater at the bulb end.......

fleming
15-05-02, 01:00 PM
if u have a look down by the bonnet release lever in the drivers footwell, u will see where the two wires come into the car. The earth is attached to the body down there as well. So like i say the feed for the repeaters is under the fuse box but you will see it if you have a look.

jatinder
15-05-02, 06:49 PM
there an artical in topbuzz on how to do it
www.topbuzz.co.uk

http://www.novabug.co.uk/FeatureCars/Jatinder.html