PDA

View Full Version : More Speed Please......

Anonymous
22-10-00, 11:49 PM
I have a 1.4 1990 SR which has been quite well looked after. I have done the usual K&N filter, Splitfire leads and plugs and a full PCS stainless exhaust system, so at the moment it is running quite well, but I am just desperate to increase the BHP. I would obviously love to go for the 2.0 litre 16v conversion, but at the moment that seems a little pricey. People have suggested getting it bored out or putting twin 45 carbs on it but I'm not sure what to do! Can someone please help. P.S Some one suggested putting a 1.8 Astra SRI engine in as the engine mountings are the same. Is this True?

Anonymous
23-10-00, 01:29 AM
no not true, same work to get 1.8 in as to get 2.0 16v in!
seen it done you need to lower a mount and get shafts

Anonymous
23-10-00, 01:31 AM
Some weber 40's would give it a kick up the ass! i think 45's are 2 big 4 it, but correct me if i'm wrong. u should see about 30bhp from 40's, and if u skim port ur head u'll see alot more

Anonymous
23-10-00, 08:32 AM
You can go up to a 1.6 engine with the same Gearbox and shefts. Or if you keep the same engine a gas flow and new carb seems to be the way to go. You will get crap MPG out of twin 40's (be warned), you could go for the twin choke weber carb which gives an increase in power but isn't as thirsty.