PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 Rebuild

PabloSR
06-09-07, 05:45 PM
Anyone Got Any Idea How Much A Rebuild On A 1.3 Engine Would Be? (New Cam Kit, Top And Bottom End Gaskets And Seals, Crank Regrind With New Big Ends And Mains) Mine Is A Little Rattely Top And Bottom End, But I Need To Keep It As A 1.3!:wtf: :thumb:

Adam
06-09-07, 05:48 PM
DIY

Or paying a company?

garyc
06-09-07, 06:20 PM
a full rebuild paid for is about a grand! give or take a few quid. What you using it for?

PabloSR
07-09-07, 03:35 PM
DIY And It Will Be In My Daily Driver G Reg 1.3SR;)

garyc
07-09-07, 04:58 PM
Will be a fair bit cheaper doing it yourself. Try www.allittmotorsport.co.uk (http://www.allittmotorsport.co.uk) for parts especially if you need pistons.

A crank grind will be about 100 quid, not sure about the rest of the parts.

LUV2XLR8
08-09-07, 05:42 PM
i had my engine rebuilt for about ?250 thats new piston rings, big and main ends, oil and water pump, belts and gaskets.
i didnt have the valve seats done or the crank reground.
also i had a mate build it for me cheap

a2lt16v
10-09-07, 08:56 AM
i rebuilt mine for about 400 including a replacement crankshaft from some place near winchester. i had new bigends, main bearings, oil pump, crank, rings, and a couple of months before i fitted new camshaft kit.

just buy the saloon the enigne is in that im trying to find it again apparently some 6ft 4 black man has it. im suprised he can fit in it

Stuart
10-09-07, 09:26 AM
do you know for sure if you need a crank regrind.... otherwise its just a polish and reassemble job.

sling ARP rod bolts while you are in there. Maybe deseam the rods and get them shot peened etc while you are in there since if you want to mod it later its ready or you can sell.