PDA

View Full Version : super unleaded petrol?

ade
14-05-02, 04:44 PM
posted a thing ages ago ref caqrbon build up - used 10k boost and this made a BIG difference however someone else advised that if your car pinks and is a little sluggish, try super unleaded - higher octane helps clear out the build up? Dunno if this is true - can anyone advise. Dont really want to fork out the difference on a tank if theres no point.

Ade

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

craig-gsi
14-05-02, 04:55 PM
I have been told that it burns cleaner and imporves performance. I am going to start using it myself once the tank is empty.

pukka-novasr
14-05-02, 05:32 PM
where i live theres an old petrol station and it sells proper leaded 4 star yep thats wat i said and its not lrp, fing is its ?1.05 a litre how much:O

big_steve_x
14-05-02, 06:20 PM
i thought it was against the law to sell that stuff. leaded fuel i mean

CP
14-05-02, 08:52 PM
nope

daniel_redmond
14-05-02, 09:12 PM
I know of a garage in swindon that sells it to, and thats gotta be the briefest reply by CP in the tech forum ever lmao :P :D

Bends were made to rule and rules were made to bend

Dicko
14-05-02, 11:32 PM
wot engine u got ade?
if its injection and its pinking then yea that might b the prob.

it might b better if u get some octane boost and put a mild mixure of that in, insted of gettin super unleaded, as iv herd its rarely the 98 octane level they state it is, more like 96 where normal unleaded is 95.

i got a 1 liter bottle of octane boost from demon tweaks for ?8, put my RON plug on 98 and it seems to run a bit better, its smoother aswell :)

also apear to get much better MPG's when im not booting it

Dannova12
15-05-02, 12:29 AM
i use redex along with optimax when i can

ade
15-05-02, 01:02 PM
it's only a 1.2 but quite noisy. Engine recently serviced. I'll try an additive when I next fill me tank

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!