PDA

View Full Version : Mk1 Astra Turbo (you all know the car)

karl Rowntree
05-09-07, 09:43 PM
Regretably for sale is my friend Ed's Mk1 Astra Turbo. Ed has owned the car now for approx 4 years and covered very few miles, with it spending most of its time in his garage. Not through not wanting to drive the car but purely down to the fact he's hardly in the country!

irrespective of this the car has still shown signs of the dreaded ROT! Basically on inspection, bubbling began to appear on the corners of the shell, which had been repaired previously to eds purchase. Other than the corners, the car is showing signs of rust in the usual Vauxhall areas i.e around the front turrets, front wings and windscreen.

Having recently been a part of rebuilding Andy Bishops car and knowing the condition of his shell (which was restored) this car can be restored back to its former glory, Something that Ed would love to do but time/money and the fact that he already has 4 other cars to finish means he has to sell the Astra...

The car is forsale as a whole, as neither of us wants to see the car be broken for parts. This car has a long history and Ed wants to see it go to a good home. But if no intrest is shown, the car will be broken for parts.

At this point i would ask anyone with negative comments on Ed breaking the car, to please not post on this thread. I see it all too often with well known cars, people saying "you can and cant do this". If you think the car shouldnt be broken, then buy it and restore it!:beer:

As for the rest of the car, its as Ed purchased it and how you will remember it (though its down tuned from its original spec) Its now running a standard turbo/ecu etc and F20 gearbox. Still has Aquamist, oversize boost pipes, alloy rad/intercooler etc etc. Interior, wheels, suspension, brakes etc are as before. Basically the car has only covered approx 2000 miles in 4 years..

The pictures pretty much tell the story and show the car is apart from the obvious still in excellent condition. This has to go to a good home and hope someone has the time to restore THE most well known Mk1 Astra....

The car will see around ?4000 if broken so use this as a guide as to how much Ed wants to see for the complete car. Either way he will be losing alot of money on the car, but would prefer to sell as a whole as i am sure you will all agree... Karl

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee54/edaskew_photos/astraturbo020.jpg

More photos at: http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee54/edaskew_photos/

vaughanmc
05-09-07, 09:54 PM
Looks well -- Got this car on a TV poster on my room wall :)

wilson_sri
05-09-07, 10:41 PM
Stunning, always loved this car! If you had been 2 weeks earlier i would of snapped this up in a instant, but have started another project! Unless he is interested in a nova gsi shell plus c20let engine and other bits and cash his way? PM me if he is cheers!

krobinson
05-09-07, 11:40 PM
Still looks in good condition, and would be easily restored. To help with the sale, I've been to Opel Classics in germany who currently have loads of inner wings, wings, doors and quater panels for mk1 astras.

Keith

wilson_sri
06-09-07, 05:38 PM
Infact mate, pm me his lowest price i may very well be interested in this as a extra project.

karl Rowntree
07-09-07, 08:49 AM
pm's sent..

BenNova
07-09-07, 09:10 AM
mint car, way out of my budget tho, shame.

RJM25R
09-09-07, 05:43 PM
wonderful car. Dave Franzak is a god!

bttt