PDA

View Full Version : 1600 turbo

el'gringo
05-09-07, 06:43 AM
do i have to upgrade internals ie pistons? im looking into doing a 1600 turbo conversion on my gsi nova bu using the mtech kit? if i need to upgrade internals exactly what and how much is it going to cost me?

and does any one have a how to do it guide for it aswell like the xe ones on ebay?

:thumb:

Stuart
05-09-07, 08:01 AM
have a search for tons and tons of theory info as hardly anyone has made a sucessfull 1.6 8v turbo engine.

Do you want to do it properly, have it reliable and producing as good a power as possible? Or are you after a little bit more go just so you can put a dump valve on there?

depending on your answer to that will dictate the rest of the advice.

craig green
05-09-07, 10:14 AM
If having the Mvaux kit, surely you are in a position to order the pistons too?

el'gringo
07-09-07, 01:20 PM
yeah il order them just wondering what internals do i need to upgrade is all? this is a bit new to me turbo conversions as is it to other members most lkely iv browsed all the threads cheer for the help anywho :)

Mike
07-09-07, 01:30 PM
well how much PSi are you planning on running? A nice steady 8psi ish and standard pistons should be fine

el'gringo
07-09-07, 01:47 PM
yeah 8psi sounds fine just want to give that extra bit of power! it keeps up with most things anywho if not a turbo how about any sutible mods ie 421 exhaust system port/polish? or even t40's?