PDA

View Full Version : Changing mileage

djp_y2k
11-05-02, 12:00 AM
There's no dodgy dealings go on. I have put a Gsi dash into my Gte, along with clocks. The trouble is the mileage on the new clocks is higher than on the old ones.

How can I change it so it reads the same as the old ones.

Hope some one can help

novanutmk2
12-05-02, 04:58 PM
best thing to do is detatch the mileage clusters on both clocks by taking the whole speedo out and taking the dial off the front. then put the mileage off your GTE onto your GSI dial.

n.b the needles are a pain in the fucking arse! once i put mine back in i realised i had fooked up the calibration so make sure u have a m8 handy to help u calibrate them

pickle2000
13-05-02, 11:03 AM
lol - I did the same with mine....... speedo was well out after I had swapped them around.
The best thing to do is to take out the little pin that holds the needle in place (at 0mph) and make a note of where the needle comes to rest. Then when you put the needle back on position it up correctly, and then put the little pin back in - shouldn't require any callibration then.

sparky
13-05-02, 06:37 PM
Don't take the needles off that's just silly! Take the speedo from the dash and use a flat ended screwdriver and click the numbers round, don't touch the actual numbers, just the things that turn them.