PDA

View Full Version : Help on a ride hight. (How low shal i go?)

Big-vaux
04-09-07, 05:24 PM
Hi peeps, i have recently gone and got myself a 95% standard Nova Gsi, The remaining 5% being the Gsi badge on the grill, tinted rear windows and the K&N sticker on the rear screen. So you can imagen what induction kit it has:roll:
The plans are to relpace the stock 1.6 with an XE on 48mm jenvey's and keep the exterior stock Gsi only changing the wheels to 16" and lowering it:thumb:

So thats just to give you guys a clue on what im going to be working with.
Can anyone give me any ideas on selecting a ride hight for my nova (Looks and preformance wise please)

Pic's/Photoshops welcome for a rough guide, but please remember to add by how far the nova has been lowered:thumb:

Thanks alot

P.s i will hopefully be starting a project thread soon.

peester
04-09-07, 06:08 PM
lol .easy. Slam it. theres no other way.
that sort of spec you mention - worth it wearing coilovers. Avo. I wouldn't re-turret such an o.e/original car so i think about 85/90mm i possible with those..
see krobinsons merit + in 'features' 'other novas' for a start. That was on FK coilovers.

Matt2107
04-09-07, 08:22 PM
Definately go with coil overs mate.

From what you were saying about the XE you have to go in its definately worth doing it properly.

If you don't fancy the price tag I'd maybe just go for some -40mm uprated shocks and springs. Any lower and I think you'll have clearance issues with the 16" wheels. That's another reason for fitting coil overs as you'll be able to crank it as low as possible without catching.

Big-vaux
05-09-07, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the advise guys, i know whet you mean by slammin it:D
But on the estate i live on there a lot of the old sleepin policemen!!
So im thinking either not to slam the car so low or to invest in a sump guard?

In the end i plan to get my nova sprayed in spectral blue with anthracite 16" team dynamic Monzas (Comments welcome)

Full spec of my engine soon to come (With pics):thumb:

Big-vaux
05-09-07, 01:05 AM
Sod the sleepin policemen!!!
Sump guard it is!!!
I just took a look at KEITH ROBINSONS MERIT PLUS and that is just what i wanted to see, also the blue GTE replica looks proper mint!! Top job fella.