PDA

View Full Version : Rear discs for ?60!

novaworld
09-05-02, 01:06 PM
I know a guy who had a nova sr with rear disc conversion. A kind lorry driver left his handbrake off and rolled it into the side of the poor blokes Nova. He needs to put it all back to standard for insurance reasons and is willing to sell me the rear discs for ?60 if I swap em for my drums. Just wondered if it was worth going for? The discs and pads are in good nick, but he didn't do the conversion himself so doesn't know how it was done.
When I come to fit em, is it just a case of taking my axel off and putting his one on, or will i need to change cables etc? Could it be swapped over in a day? Also, what about brake bias valves? He said it was very easy to lock the back end up, I don't like the sound of that and would want to sort out some sort of device that changed the front/rear ratio. Let me know your thoughts.
http://www.novagte.co.uk

We like a smooth behind

ade
09-05-02, 11:37 PM
The feeling I got from peeps here after reading past posts was back discs were not really suited to novas coz they lock up which is a bit scary to say the least. If you have good front brakes or uprated ones they'll do all the stopping for you anyway. The backs will look good but I wouldnt get em personally. but thats me :)
Ade

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

scottr
12-05-02, 11:43 AM
If I had bigger engined Nova I'd always be converting the rear drums to discs...the drums could be swapped over in a day no probs provided the disc conversion is in good working order...

A Pedal Bias box will sort out the locking up, normal ratio is around 75-25 Front-Rear