PDA

View Full Version : J reg Astra GTE 8v (great condition)

craig green
03-09-07, 03:28 PM
Selling on behalf of my other half....

J reg (92) IIRC, Flame Red mk2 Astra GTE 8v. 65k miles according to the digi-dash & the generous history supplied with the car incl all past MOT's etc.
The car is in great condition for its age, most mk2's are looking very sorry nowadays.
This car has been resprayed in the past & benefits from de-locked doors with a TOAD alarm & remote C/L. The external styling is all as standard, except the rear vinyl between the lamps is sprayed on & clear side repeaters. GTE wing decals & door bump strips etc are present, as are the fr washer jet pods & the tow eye cover.

The engine is a good runner, always starts & is fitted with a 4 branch tubular exh manifold. Recent oil & coolant change.
Interior is clean & tidy but I/we did replace the drivers seat with a passenger seat recently as the sprung support was lacking in the back rest making the car a chore to drive long distances. At some point the dash fascia & door cards have been changed to the Black variety from a white GTE.
It has 256mm 16v type fr breaks & drums at rear (std). The wheels are O.Z Super Turismo, 16" with 195/45 tyres all round with good tread. Suspension I beleive is lowered -25mm. A SONY CD player with remote is included, also with the 6x9's on rear shelf.
The check control display is fully functional.

The car pulls very strongly for an 8v & sounds like an XE IMO. Mechanically the car has been 100% reliable in the time my GF has owned it.

Mob fone pic (this weekend)
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/bits4sale/Astra2.jpg

Recent pic again
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/bits4sale/Astra08.jpg

Tax & MOT'd (will add time remaining)

Few bad points are, rust bubbling under rear arches (paint not perforated), self cancelling function on indicators not working. Slightly lumpy idle.

Asking only ?995 ono for what is a very tidy example of a diminishing model.
Located in Somerset (M5, J23)

Any Questions welcome, genuine reason for sale. 07974 412514

Kinky Monza
04-09-07, 01:12 AM
How quick do you want it gone?

craig green
04-09-07, 10:09 AM
How quick do you want it gone?

No rush tbh, but my GF has sights on a Tigra.

What you got in mind?

dyl rhino
04-09-07, 12:01 PM
ive got a nice tigra forsale hehe sorry to spam :)

Kinky Monza
04-09-07, 12:33 PM
No rush tbh, but my GF has sights on a Tigra.

What you got in mind?

I can have the cash by the end of this month, too many bills to pay atm and can't earn it quick enough Lol

Anything need doing to it? could do with some more pics if poss?

craig green
04-09-07, 03:40 PM
Kinky.

If you are serious I dont see that being a problem at all. Keep me posted.

IMO it needs very little attention. Couple annoying rattles from the boot plastics (interior) & if it were mine I'd drop it lower & put Vauxhall 15"s on it. But its not mine so it hasnt had it done.

I dont reckon you'd find a nicer one for similar money really. I've had 2 16v's myself, I could only wish they were as 'uptogether' as this one.

Kinky Monza
04-09-07, 04:11 PM
Thanks Craig, i've managed to find one closer to home as well, i'm viewing it sunday so if you get an offer on this don't turn it down on my account hun!

craig green
06-09-07, 10:49 AM
Bttt

Ash
06-09-07, 03:30 PM
This used to go to college with me, very smart car. Be hard pushed to find a straighter one. In fact I enquired about it the day after you/your G/F picked it up.

Dave.
06-09-07, 08:53 PM
i know this is stupid.. but is it a 2l engine or the standard? i know of someone who wants a nice little 2l

Ash
06-09-07, 09:14 PM
:confused: the standard engine is a 2.0 on a GTE either 8v or 16v. Early ones came with 1.8 8v are were sh*t

Flip_GSI!
06-09-07, 10:02 PM
ya fancy a swap for a tidy corsa gsi?