PDA

View Full Version : F**king Nova Doors.

richjack39
11-05-02, 10:35 AM
right this might seem like a stupid question but how do u get doors off nova's without damaging them?? obviously u gotta take the pin things out but i had to grind out half the door to get to em. Also can u fit the drive shafts off a 1.2 onto a 1.4Sr?? my mate thinks so but i aint sure.
Cheers
Rich

ade
11-05-02, 11:13 AM
doors are total bitches. You can get a hinge pin remover from halfords which you insert into top of the upper door hinge, tighten it up and then whack with hammer to left out. Bottom one insert into bottom of hinge and whack down with hammer. Or insert a centre punch n hit with hammer. Brute force generally needed. need to be careful not th catch doors. Remember to disconnect the guide rail. Have fun ;)

Ade

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

Dicko
11-05-02, 12:08 PM
driveshafts are the same!!

Matt Finary
11-05-02, 12:18 PM
I was at the scrappy on wednesday and someone had cut the A pillers off to get the doors!

IF IT'S STANDARD, CHANGE IT!

Doddy
11-05-02, 01:13 PM
Using pin extraction tools is hard work and doesn`t always work if badly rusted.

You can drill them out if you have patients, start with a drill smallish drill and work up to the actual diameter of the pins, then give the hinges a tap and doors fall off.

Re-fit doors using the longer cav door pins, with are flared at one end, so if you need them off again it is a 2 minute job, not a half day job.