PDA

View Full Version : !! help needed urgent !!

lynchy
02-09-07, 12:06 PM
alright people. im new to the site. i am currently on my 1st xe'd nova. it was running a bit poo when i got it but is all sorted now thanks to my local rolling road :thumb: it ran fine after that until i did 130 on a private road of course ;) . now when i put my foot down hard it delays then kicks in, the same if i just rev aswel. i know that the lad who had it before me took it up santa pod and blew a valve, could it hav not been repaired proply ? its really getting on my nerves cuz this is the only thing stopping me from selling, i have replaiced air filter, exhaust, leads and plugs. like i say its my 1st 2.016v so i am not sure of common probs with them. also will 280 duration cams make it lumpy ? cuz as far as i know it has them and it is lumpy :confused:, and it gets very hot under the hood, i could cook an egg on the head if i wanted basically. apart from that and a crappy gear change which is due to a dropped selector apparently lol it runs ok. any help on this would be much appreciated thanks dan:thumb:

lynchy
02-09-07, 12:57 PM
any body ???:confused:

lynchy
02-09-07, 06:56 PM
one of you guys must know :( its just holding back on me :confused:

lynchy
03-09-07, 06:08 PM
does no body out there know whats wrong wiv my car :( :cry:

Adam
03-09-07, 06:16 PM
Does the ecu light come on when it happens?

Rich
03-09-07, 06:43 PM
Possible air leak maybe check that theres no splits in the intake hose especially in and around the rubber donut that connects to your sfi box/powercap

lynchy
03-09-07, 09:49 PM
nah the ecu light doesnt , the donut that comes off my power cap i replaiced about 2 weeks ago funnily enough , cuz it was doing it really bad before, but its only since i took a trip to brean/weston and did the speed its happened :confused: i aint got a clue cuz its ma 1st 1 lol

lynchy
04-09-07, 07:24 PM
wen i put ma foot down or tap the revs it does it an it sort of sounds like the air filter suckin a bit too much :confused: