PDA

View Full Version : boot door filling with water!!

bloke
10-05-02, 09:38 PM
i just brought a nova and its go a touch of rust on the inside of the boot door. So i gave it a close inspection and i think the hose has come off of the rear window washer and i cant see how to get to the washer to put it on or replace it. Is there anything i can do?
Cheers

Rich Dale
10-05-02, 10:25 PM
They're a bloody pain those rear-washer pipes.....mine split on my GTE.
Luckily for me, the split was in the rubber boot between the car and tailgate so I could get to it to fix.

Have you got a rear spoiler at all? Just wondered 'cos if you have, you'll have to remove it to get to the washer jet.
Have a look inside the rubber boot before you doing anything else though.....it's a common occurrence for the pipe to get trapped between the tailgate and car body when the tailgate is shut, so the split would be there like is was on mine.....when I tried washing the rear window, water went inside the tailgate instead of on the window.

I'll stop rambling on now..... :)

P.S. the OLD tailgates sometimes have an extra access plug to make getting to the washer jet easier...my old A-reg had one as did the B-reg tailgate I fitted to replace that one (was a bit rusty).

ade
10-05-02, 10:42 PM
Pig on a mk2 - mine came off - luckily I noticed it - had to prise the black washer jet thing out, fish around for the hose in the hole and wiggle it back on. Dead fiddly - unless I took the long way around!
Ade

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!