PDA

View Full Version : Engine in, trackday, engine out, engine in, trackday, engine broken again

Lee
01-09-07, 10:48 PM
Yes, during all this banter involving small blocks being uber unreliable, I appear to have caught the Oli bug and have started to serially break my engine on a regular basis.

Today, after fitting a full set of lifters, it sounds very much like one of the old ones went solid and Ive bent a valve. Deep joy.

The only time i have between now and eurofest to do anything is monday evening, so Mr Chris will be joining me in a spot of emergency head swapping. I only have one small concern, and that is my 'race' head has a witness mark where the piston divorced the conrod at the beginning of the year. I dont have much choice though, its going to have to go on.

On a brighter note though, the engine i got from Mr Dave Marshall appears to have fast road cams in it :D billy bargain!

Cheers for your help today Dar and Chris, top team spirit as per usual from Banzaiunderqueers.

Welsh Dan
01-09-07, 10:51 PM
V6 for you next then? :p

chris gsi
01-09-07, 11:02 PM
no probs glad we can help and mod some tools to do the job lol we will look at the head on monday and if its to bad i will start swaping valves. we will do our best to have you on track even for 1 lap

Lee
01-09-07, 11:06 PM
probably will be only one lap if this season's anything to go by.

Ernie
02-09-07, 12:32 AM
You should of called as would of come down and lent a hand.As for mondays im on lates next week so cant come down sorry.I know you will get it sorted bud laters.

stuartp
02-09-07, 12:41 AM
il come down and help i make loverly cups of tea. im all so good at ordering pizza??

Adam
02-09-07, 12:42 AM
Not good news Bt :(

Maybe its time to go small block :p lol

stuartp
02-09-07, 12:42 AM
P.S why you on here and not fixing it?????????????????/

Rich
02-09-07, 01:29 AM
get a 1.2 you wouldnt blow it up if you tried lol

Wouldnt post your lap times up though :p

Ernie
02-09-07, 06:41 AM
dont you meen wouldnt make a lap.(in 15 min track time) lol

chris gsi
02-09-07, 08:17 AM
we will have it running its not a bad job or on the other hand if its not running i will put his camera for my car for the day lol

nova---chris
02-09-07, 08:40 AM
not good lee. ! arghh! you got that oil leak sorted too mate?

Im just doing the shaft and hub upgrade. altho inner cv joints are proving a biatch to get hold of local. ! no one seems to stock anything these days.

ah well!

good luck with head swap dude hope it goes well!!:thumb:

Philsutton
02-09-07, 11:32 AM
welcome to the fun, Im having a rest from working all night on mine as I just cant be ****d lol

craig green
02-09-07, 06:16 PM
Gutted! You dont need that.

Hope you get it sorted for Combe.

Lee
02-09-07, 06:19 PM
Cheers craig, me too, ive only done two events this year (well, one and a half lol). If i miss eurofest ill be uber gutted.

Cheers for the offer Stuart, me and chris have it covered though. Ill invite you up when im doing something less liable to make me angry lol

stuartp
03-09-07, 12:20 AM
Cheers craig, me too, ive only done two events this year (well, one and a half lol). If i miss eurofest ill be uber gutted.

Cheers for the offer Stuart, me and chris have it covered though. Ill invite you up when im doing something less liable to make me angry lol

lol just make it to eurofest then (inc the car working), un il buy you a cuppa.