PDA

View Full Version : the project has begun! from 1.0 - xe

gunny
31-08-07, 10:56 PM
started today, ripped out the pushrod beast and stripped the engine bay, started to prep it for welding but lack of sunlight has stopped us:( so its an early start tomorrow, and ginge (this pic is from the sr beast project:D )
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t277/gunny07/DSC00297.jpg
IS going to have it all welded tomorrow, not picking up the xe till sunday so im going to recondition the brakes, put the selector off the dead sr on lol maybe polish the tip of my exhuast system? twiddle my thumbs? lol will post some pics soon and thanks YOZA for the nova!

oh yeh, the nova:thumb:
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t277/gunny07/NovaBeast.jpg

rednova
31-08-07, 10:58 PM
whats up with those dodgy rims photoshopped on?

gunny
31-08-07, 11:13 PM
no they're cav gsi wheels in motion

Tappage
31-08-07, 11:23 PM
with a polished lip? looks sweet if they are :D

gunny
31-08-07, 11:26 PM
with a polished lip? looks sweet if they are :D

yeh:D compliments to yoza, car in that pic is exactly how i bought it from him, since then ive put uprated shocks on (as it was on standards) flash looking side repeaters and clear front indicators

Jack
31-08-07, 11:27 PM
with a polished lip? looks sweet if they are
Howdo chap, didn't realise you were registered on here! :thumb:

Yep, thats a motion effect on the wheels. Looks kinda funky though. That looks suspiciously like a 539/71 colour.... :D:D:D

gunny
31-08-07, 11:29 PM
sorry mate but who are you then? lol yeh they do look funky and err... whats a 539/71 colour? lol

Jack
31-08-07, 11:32 PM
That was aimed at Tappage btw lol

539/71 = Mexico Red. Look for the colour code on the VIN plate.

gunny
31-08-07, 11:34 PM
aarrrgghhh wish i knew that earlier, couldnt figure out what the paint code was so went halfords earlier and guessed it, bought the wrong colour!!! argh, just means my engine bay is going to be a bit brighter than the rest of the car lol :(

Jack
31-08-07, 11:38 PM
Have a look in my sig, there's a link called Colour Chart which will tell you most of the colours used on Vauxhalls of the 90's, plus where to find the colour code :thumb:

If you got the paint from halfrauds, take it back and switch it for the right shade ;)

[edit].... thats assuming you haven't already used the paint. I'm not sure they'd swap empty cans for full ones lol

gunny
31-08-07, 11:41 PM
smashed the lid off one of them, not too fussed as im sure it will just get dirty and dingy again anywaylol, but cheers for that be usefull for next time lol

gunny
09-09-07, 11:40 PM
right, finished the project now lol, aint had time to keep it updated so when i load up the pics i will start a new thread that will go from the start to end