PDA

View Full Version : How to get speedo working?

rickie
31-08-07, 10:13 PM
Is it possible to use a electronic speedo drive F28 on my corsa gsi with cable speedo?

If so how do i get around it?

Any info much appreciated. Thanks

Welsh Dan
31-08-07, 10:34 PM
You might be able to fit the mechanical speedo drive off another box, or you could swap the clocks for electronic speedo ones(from the f28 donor).

Philsutton
31-08-07, 10:34 PM
unlucky, yuo need a manual box to run a cable speedo. Other way to have a speedo on that box is to use an after market speedo which will go off your wheel no doubt or hub.

rickie
31-08-07, 10:39 PM
I have a set of corsa c electronic speedo clocks but surely they would need some kind of electronic sender unit to give the speed to the clocks???

Does any one know how the electronic speedo's work?

Philsutton
31-08-07, 10:41 PM
yes but the whole thing is the F28 electric type has no speedo drive at all, its all done off the abs out of the car it came from. I.e. the speedo doesnt use the gearbox to work out speed.

rickie
31-08-07, 10:46 PM
cool so can this be converted to a corsa gsi, because the later corsa sports have an electronic speedo?

Chris Astley
02-09-07, 11:48 AM
The corsa which have an elctronic speedo still have a speedo sensor in the gearbox, but instead of being a driven speedo sensor on the speedo ring on the diff, it uses a hall effect sensor on a pickup ring on the diff, you will need a mechanical speedo F28 box in order to get a speedo to work. The only other option is to use a after market speedo which picks up from a driveshaft e.t.c.

Chris

rickie
02-09-07, 08:04 PM
Cheers, will get on to you when i need a f28 mount. ;)