PDA

View Full Version : GTE engine management system

Crlracing
31-08-07, 09:28 PM
Hi,

I'm been reading that some of you guys say that it is possible to get more power from the stock EFI of the 1.6 8V by changing the management system. My questions are what are the options, were can i buy it and what are normaly the prices. If there is even some one with a compleat kit ready to install it would be even better because over here ( i'm from Portugal) its not a normal thing to do.

I've try to find a thread on the forum with some like how do do it... but i didn?t found. if there is some one and you guys can help me to find it i thank you for that.

Last question is what is the part number of the kent cam that you guys recomend for my engine and if i should go with the compleat kit os camshaft only is the way to go.

Regards!:thumb:

Crlracing
02-09-07, 12:14 AM
any one please:confused:

Welsh Dan
02-09-07, 12:24 AM
GM bits tend to be stronger than some companies "uprated" bitsm so I'd just get the cam only. For increased driveable power I'd suggest something like a Kent AST2.

I think http://www.dtafast.co.uk/ is the management that Stuart reccomends for the job, but obviously you'd have to get it mapped aswell.

Adam
02-09-07, 12:43 AM
Management/mapping is likely to not give much change from ?1000 too.

Chris Astley
02-09-07, 11:40 AM
the standard management is still ok to a certain extent, with the correct engine work 135bhp can be seen on the stock management but there is still a lot of work done to the engine, if you went to DTA or similar then 150bhp could be acheived relatively easily. It is the attention to detail of the engine build that makes power, not what bits you throw in it.

Chris

Crlracing
02-09-07, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the aswers guys!

So you think that the esiest way to got the power up will be going for webers and forget about the stock efi because it gives mutch more work to get it runing right? is there any Uk manufacture with throttle bodies kit for this engine? If there is what you think is better? throttle bodies or carbs?

Thanks

Chris Astley
02-09-07, 11:51 AM
Throttle bodies and twin carbs wont produce as much power on this engine as the stock inlet manifold and aftermarket management, also you will loose some of the engines torque which going to sidedraught carbs/throttle bodies.

Carbs is the eaiest/cheapest option but not the best by any means if you want ultimate power.

Chris