PDA

View Full Version : 16sOR 17s

jaydee
08-05-02, 11:39 PM
ive got the choice between a set of speedline allessios 2s 16s or a set of 100 plus phantoms 17s!! the arches are rold and its droped 60mm!! the speedlines have a 49mm off set and the phantoms have a 45mm off set! i know thay will both go on, but i dont know whitch to go for:( wot u rekon!!! all so will the car still be praticall on 17s hence will it still go over the speed humps on the local council estsate)

GR
09-05-02, 09:11 AM
but will you still have them left on the car on a council estate ;)

Go with the 16's mate, a lot less aggro .

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

novaworld
09-05-02, 12:55 PM
Sorry, have to disagree and say 17's. I had 16's to start with and regretted it as soon as I first saw the car. If you have room under the arches go for it. Why would 17's make it hard to go over the speed humps? I have no problems getting over them. The 17's, if anything would make it easier as they might rasie the car a little. If you want looks, go for 17's. If handling is what you want go for the 16's (i'll admit it that 17's don't make it handle brilliantly) I like both the wheels that you could have. It's a hard choice.

We like a smooth behind

avon_nova
09-05-02, 09:27 PM
Get the Speedlines mate. I had 17's they are a harsh ride with 40 profile, 45 is bad enough. I'm gettin 16" Speedlines as well. 17's slow your acceleration, throw your gearing out, ruin the handling, make the car higher up, make the brakes less effective (bigger turning force + extra weight) and make your speedo inaccurate... ok?

Will this take long officer?
Cos your wife is expecting me...

carnage501
10-05-02, 02:08 PM
Do you have to mod the front arches or just the back to fit 16s, im thinking of buying some, but my car has been lowered on bilstein shocks and springs 30mm all round, but i already have 15s with 195/50 tyres.

Feature your Nova SR at www.srownersclub.co.uk