PDA

View Full Version : hand brake cable advise

scottishstu
31-08-07, 04:15 PM
my head is pickled with my nova! only got to monday to fix it as thats when mot is .. the problem ive got is the long cable has snapped , and finding it difficuilt to get the same size of cable ,the two cables i have are a diffrent size , the stores i been to have said that the long cable should go to the drivers wheel but mine goes to the passanger side , is this right or wrong , would it do any diffrence to swap over? the short cable is tightened to the max , but still far to slack, the car is a j plate 92 nova sri 1.4 , any help be great as now clutchin at straws please advise and help

many thanks
stuart

craig green
31-08-07, 04:20 PM
There were 2 types of cable setup used on Novas. You obviously need the other type.

Tried Halfords? As much as I hate to say it, there database of parts is pretty spot on tbh. Take the wrong one to campare & only pay if you get the right one....

coombsey
31-08-07, 05:18 PM
i think the short ones are the same its the long one which is dirrerent iirc

scottishstu
31-08-07, 05:35 PM
its the long one iam having the problems with mate , tried halfords they dont stock it and cant order it either ! or so iam told arg!

any one got any othere ideas?

coombsey
31-08-07, 07:08 PM
try a motor factors had one from round by me had to order tho about 12 all in short one and long one