PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 tuning

Yamyamleader
09-05-02, 06:10 PM
hi there ive got a 1200 nova sr. i was wondering if i could turbo the engine? i can get the manifold off a dihatsu charae and i think it will fit on with the turbo. is that all i need to do?

will it be ok on splitfire plugs and a k+n panel filter?

the other question i had was i was wondering if the engine will run ok if i change the wheels for 14' alloys?

thanks

ade
09-05-02, 06:49 PM
engine will run fine if u put 14" wheels on it - they'll not affect the engine at all (unsure why u think it would)- 14" (like the 3 spoke nova ones) are ok when car is lowered 60mm all round. 15" are better, but get right offset (et45-49) otherwise will foul on bodywork (maybe).
As for turboing 1.2 engine why bother? Why not get a bigger engine. Dunno if you can turbo a 1.2 (not really engine minded) but I would think a bigger engine with more torque would be better. Just get a better manifold, zorst n air intake instead for your 1.2. I have a 1.2 merit (soon to be lookalike GSi) and cant be arsed with big engine at moment - just gonna add better xorst, air intake for now...
But one day...maybe, just maybe... who knows...:D
Ade

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

ade
09-05-02, 06:53 PM
yamyamleader? yamyam... u from wolverhampton?
I used to live in Stafford - stuck between yamyams n clayheads (stoke on trenters).
Always fun when wolves n stoke used to play football on Saturdays many moons ago afore Stoke became shite n went down! :p Still is fun when I go home n me mates play football together - the insults - most support the above 2 teams - so shocking :oade (wolves fan)

Dicko
09-05-02, 11:55 PM
oi ya **** wots that about clayheads?

bastid!!!!

lol

and im sure thats mr barnes from up north being a d**khead

ade
10-05-02, 01:32 PM
not mr barnes. I like clayheads and yamyams. God knows what they call peeps from Stafford. One of me mates cannae stand Stoke city (a wolves fan) and regularly extracts the urine from me other mates who support them - we usually get thrown out of pubs as a result. Ah, good times...

barnes
02-12-02, 06:27 PM
lol, deeks at the first post