PDA

View Full Version : Help! My 1.4sr feels like a 1.0!

marko
08-05-02, 07:55 PM
Hi peeps
My 1.4sr has been going well until I came round a roundabout tonight, floored it, and there was a slight ping then hardly any power! It now feels totally crap and takes about an hour to get to 6000rpm, but it still revs and idles smoothly.
DO you reckon that my diagnosis of a knackered vacuum thingy that opens the second choke on the carb would be correct? I am sure the 2nd choke isnt opening, hence the lack in power but correct mixture?
Any other suggestions, and any idea how much/hard the vacuum thing is to replace (pierburg 2e3 carb)
Cheers in advance!

tay
08-05-02, 09:12 PM
I dunno about fixing it, but i'd just get rid of it and get a Weber 32/34 mate - loads better....

Sorry that didn't help much did it!

Doddy
09-05-02, 11:42 AM
The vacuum thing as you put in is a piece of cake to fix, have a look it is easier that it looks to do,but can you get a new one??

i couldn`t, so got a secondhand carb from scrappy for spares.

hope that helped

marko
09-05-02, 12:31 PM
Bloody ?61 from vauxhall, but im going to east sussex tomorrow so I need it despo! Getting it in 5mins and then fitting which looks fairly easy
Hope it works!
Tay you are right but I want twin 40's :-)
With the rejetted pierburg working, and my K+N and exhaust, the little 1.4 is as fast as most up to 100mph! Sounds nice too! Nitrous next on the cards!
Cheers peeps
Laters

rgv_stu
09-05-02, 12:54 PM
my second choke was all gummed up when i bought it , just had to clean it all up

whats fun is connecting the second choke vacumn pipe to the inlet manifold when anything after 1/2 throttle she opens up a beut sounds great