PDA

View Full Version : x14xe issues

Mikey_J
28-08-07, 08:59 PM
I will soon be rebuilding the head and am in need of some advice/answers to questions...so anyway here it goes..

1. The head is going to be rebuilt,stem seals replaced, valves reground etc is it worth having the head ported and polished and the inlet manifold matched? the engine is currently standard but i should hopefully be putting an exhaust on it...what would be better panel filter with drilled airbox or induction kit?

2.Ive heard of people blanking off the egr valve? What are the pro's and con's of doing this? Part of the reason i wanted to do this is because ive been through 2 in the space of a year!

Sorry to go on abit lol, Any help is much appreciated!

Adam
28-08-07, 09:26 PM
1. Nah, keep the head standard, it flows fine upto about 160+hp.
2.Pro is not having to replace egr.But you will need keep the egr plugged in to the loom.
Just make up a blanking plate, and bolt that over the egr holes.

Mikey_J
28-08-07, 09:35 PM
ok so would blanking it off have any effect on the running or performance of the engine?

also i forgot to ask..when im sitting in traffic and its just idling the temp gauge goes up to 100 very quickly which i dont like too too much so i was considering buying a cool running stat..are they worth the money? will it help at all?

Adam
28-08-07, 09:40 PM
Cool running stats are pointless, if its going to 100deg then theres something wrong. Jammed stat or something.
Blanked Egr has no performance benefit, it just means you wont get problems with it playing up.

Mikey_J
28-08-07, 10:00 PM
ok cheers for the help