PDA

View Full Version : delocked boot release

bam
07-05-02, 01:10 PM
ive delocked my boot and installed a boot release solinoid. its not like the one in the guides on the web. it looks like a motor off a radio controlled car and has a long wire coming out of it. this then attaches to the lock mechanism and when u push the button it pulls on the wire, which then opens the lock mech. my problem is that sometimes the boot lid does not jump free of the catch inside the boot and therefore when im on my own i cant open the boot completely. does anyone have any ideas of how i can over come this. the only idea i have come up with is to mount something like a courtsey switch on the parcel shelf so that when i push the button the switch springs out and pushes the lid out a bit more, the only thing is that i cant find one with a powerful enough spring. does anyone know if i can get something like a switch but more powerful to spring it open (tried a local hardware shop but the bloke is useless).

kevw
07-05-02, 01:29 PM
If you goto a scrap yard and look at other cars you will find something.

My mate has a corado and this has a button type thing like you describe which helps to push the boot open. Maybe you could fit one of those?

Kev.

-------------------
[-devil.jpg-]kev@novaload.net

bam
08-05-02, 02:00 PM
cheers micky, i just tried that in my lunch break, so simply but works a treat.